He taught you how to ride a bike, played baseball with you, let you have a beer to celebrate your high school graduation – now it’s time to celebrate him! Your dad deserves all your love and attention every day of the year, but especially on Father’s Day weekend. Treat him to a formal dinner, buy him a nice gift, spend time with him or bond over another beer. Our guide of 9 Things to Do This Weekend has ideas to make sure you and your dad have a great time.
Beer, comfort food and delicious mixed drinks can be yours at these happy hour locations!
- Take your dad to Hops for Pops at the Flying Saucer this Sunday from 11 a.m.-midnight. This fun event includes a special flight of beers, including Turning Point Johnny Karate, Celestial Beerworks Moona Lisa, Spindletap Houston Haze and Peticolas Hazy IPA. Or, just pop in for happy hour, where you can get $4 all drafts from 4-7 p.m. Friday and $4 all Texas drafts all day Sunday.
- The original cheddar fries can be yours, when you check out Snuffer’s Restaurant and Bar this weekend. In addition to the melt-in-your-mouth fries topped with freshly grated aged Wisconsin cheddar cheese, you can take advantage of happy hour specials from 4-7 p.m. Friday. Drinks include $2 Bud Light; $3 wells, Dos Equis draft and house margaritas; and $4 Long Island Iced Tea, sangria swirl margarita and Snufferita.
- Visit Table 13 on Sunday from 4-8 p.m. for a special Father’s Day dinner, complete with beautiful live music from Mike Nicosia. Meal options are $34 each and include the Texas Redfish Oscar Style, served with lump crab, asparagus, mushroom risotto and lemon caper butter; and the roasted prime rib, served with horseradish cream sauce, scalloped potatoes and green beans amandine. Not interested in either of these? Table 13’s full menu will be available, so Pops can choose whatever he wants to eat. With great company (you) and the coolest atmosphere in town (Table 13’s elegant 60s vibe), your dad will have a great time!
- Father’s Day at Lawry’s includes a special meal just for your old man. The Surf & Turf Special for Dad is $65, which comes with a prime New York steak with grilled jumbo shrimp, fava bean and morel ragout with bordelaise reduction. To drink, get the Woodford Neat for $15, the Classic Woodford Old Fashioned for $16, or the Smoked Maple Old Fashioned using real golden maple syrup and smoking woodchips for $16. It’s a classy meal for a classy guy!
- Kick back and listen to entertaining music from a century ago, as the Singapore Slingers take the stage at Addison After Dark this Saturday. This 18-piece ensemble plays period music from 1895 to 1935. Listeners can’t help but swing, boogie and bob their heads to the beat! This fun event also offers food, alcohol, a free painting class from Pinot’s Palette and a showing of Judy Garland’s Meet Me in St. Louis. It’s a throwback event that your dad (and grandad!) will love.
- Take your dad (or any special man in your life) to see the premiere of Otis Huband’s exhibition at Valley House Gallery this Saturday from 6-8 p.m. His oil-on-canvas paintings often depict human figures in unique poses and shapes. Bonus: if your dad really loves the show, buy him a piece to take home and check “Buy Father’s Day gift” off your list.
- Laughing together is the best way to spend Father’s Day! See funny man (who is also a dad!) Aries Spears at Addison Improv this weekend. His quick wit and aggressive comedy can be seen on Fox’s Mad TV, as Tee Pee in Jerry Maguire, as animated characters in Family Guy and American Dad!,and in stand-up shows around the country. Good times will be had by all at this show – even the grumpiest dads will enjoy it!
- Don’t forget to buy something nice for your father this weekend! Visit Sebastian’s Closet inside Village on the Parkway to buy a tailored sports coat, a summery pair of SeaVees shoes or a classic tie. The expert stylists inside can help you pick out the perfect item!
- Stop by Fossil inside Galleria Dallas to take advantage of their 25 percent off entire purchase weekend sale. Your dad will love a cognac leather workbag ($298) or a black leather chronograph watch ($145) with a rose gold frame. While your shopping, pop in the Father’s Day Photobooth, located on Level 1 of Galleria Dallas next to the Concierge+ Desk to make dad a heartfelt memento.