Recently, Medical City Children’s Hospital opened a new pediatric cancer unit dedicated to providing cutting edge treatment for infants, children, adolescents and young adults with all types of blood disorders and pediatric cancer. The care for pediatric patients at Medical City Children’s Hospital includes an expert team of specialists including certified child life specialists, board-certified physicians, pediatric radiation oncologists, and specially trained pediatric hematology/oncology nurses that provide individualized, high quality treatment to pediatric cancer patients.
The new Pediatric Cancer Unit has a multitude of amenities including:
• Exercise bike for patients
• 12 patient rooms, each complete with closets and cubbies for storage, built-in desks, shelves, and 55’ inch flat screen smart televisions
• HEPA filters in all playrooms and patient rooms to provide cancer patients with air purification
• A spacious family lounge with a 55’ inch flat screen smart television, computer, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and refreshments for families
• Two playrooms, separated for children and teens, that are full of fun toys and games to provide a much-needed break from hospital routines
• Conference room with a television and computer for physician consultations with patients
“Opening the new pediatric cancer unit at Medical City Children’s Hospital allows us to expand our cancer services, and meet the growing needs of pediatric patients, while offering the highest level of care,” said Jessica O’Neal, CEO of Medical City Children’s Hospital and Medical City Women’s Hospital Dallas.
Established in 1996, Medical City Children’s Hospital is a 208-bed comprehensive, award-winning pediatric health care facility in Dallas, Texas. World-class pediatric specialties include orthopedics, kidney transplant, congenital heart surgery, craniofacial surgery, fetal surgery, neurosurgery, hematology and oncology. The hospital was named a top 10 Best Hospital in Texas by U.S. News and World Report in 2018 and been recognized by The Joint Commission in 2015 as a top performer on key quality measures. A part of Medical City Healthcare, Medical City Children’s Hospital offers a Level IV NICU, the highest level of neonatal care available in Dallas.