The sun is shining, the Stars and Stripes are flying and specials on drinks are flowing this weekend in the North Dallas Corridor! Attend the Town of Addison’s first ever Patriotic Party, catch a seasonal cocktail at RA Sushi and check out the always-fun DFW South Asian Film Festival this weekend! See our guide of 8 Things to Do This Weekend below for all the details!
- There’s nothing wrong with beer and peanuts, but sometimes you deserve a little happy hour upgrade. You’ll get it at Lawry’s The Prime Rib, which hosts happy hour every day except Saturday from 4:30-7 p.m.! Stop by for $4 domestic beer, $5 glasses of wine, $6 Crown and Down and $1 off all specialty drinks (excluding martini’s). Stay for awhile and order food, like the smoked pulled pork nachos for $9, the jalapeno corn fritters for $7 or calamari served with carrots and chiles for $11. This is the perfect weekend treat!
- Embrace spring by sipping on the new seasonal drinks at RA Sushi this month. The Spiked Berry Lemonade Punch Bowl is made for sharing, and concocted with Casamigos Tequila infused with blueberries and mixed with fresh lemon sour. Or, try the Caribbean Passion made with Don Q Añejo Rum, coconut cream, passion fruit, lime and pineapple juices. You can also get a glass or bottle of the refreshing Prophecy French Rosé, featuring strawberries, raspberries and a hint of white peach. Don’t forget to come in for happy hour Friday and Saturday from 3-7 p.m. and 10-11 p.m. and Sunday from 3-11 p.m. You can get many food and drink specials, including $2 off wine by the glas, $4 domestic beers, $7 Signature Spirits and more!
- Pizza for breakfast? It’s better than it sounds! Visit Zoli’s Pizza and Pasta from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday or Sunday for a delicious Italian brunch. Some of the options include the Morning Joe, which is a pizza topped with mozzarella, sliced tomato, shaved red onion, smoked salmon, dil cream and an everything bagel crust; Red Hot Unicorns, which are dough-wrapped Luscher’s red hots with American cheese, seeds and zoli sauce; and the Zeppole, which are fried doughnuts tossed in cinnamon sugar with caramel dipping sauce. Who knew brunch could be even better?
- Celebrate the life of Texas legend Selena by ordering a Bidi Bidi Bun Bun burger at Hopdoddy Burger Bar in May. This Tejano burger was inspired by Selena, and it’s Tex Mex perfection will make your mouth water just thinking about it! The burger is made with taco seasoning and topped with tostada, pico de gallo, guacamole and pepper jack. Selena may be gone, but her legacy lives on in this tasty meal!
- Unusual, eccentric and supremely talented, Mix Tape is coming to Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub this Friday night! This fun cover band plays all your favorite songs in a wide variety of genres – including rock, pop, R&B, hip-hop, dance and modern country! Come back on FSaturday to hear the Professionals and Sunday to hear alternative rock group, the Josh Mather Trio.
- The 5th Annual DFW South Asian Film Festival is returning to AMC Village on the Parkway 9 May 17-19! This weekend festival showcases world, U.S. and Texas premieres of feature films, shorts and documentaries that engage, educate and inspire audiences. Watch the fascinating films to discover more about the issues that affect south Asians living and working in America. Highlights include: A Monsoon Date, an LGBTQ short film; Lovesick, a documentary about Dr. Suniti Solomon who left a prestigious job to build a clinic focused on treating HIV/AIDS patients; and The Lift Boy, a feature film about a 24-year-old vagabond who is forced to work at a posh building in Mumbai as a lift boy.
- Don’t wait until the Fourth of July to celebrate our beautiful country – show your American spirit by attending the Patriotic Party at Addison Circle Park this Saturday night, the kick-off event of the new Addison Summer Series. The event will begin with a firing from a M50 Sherman Tank and military car show from Cavanaugh Flight Museum. Other highlights include an art gallery display from the American Fallen Soldier Project, demonstrations from the Adaptive Training Foundation, live music from Jon Christopher Davis and the Lone Star Attitude Band, and an outdoor showing of Top Gun. While you’re there, try the red-white-and-blue Patriotic Sangria, enjoy food from Flaming Grill Barbecue and Penguin Perry’s Gourmet Ice Cream Sandwiches, and enjoy the gorgeous outdoors.
- See history come alive right before your eyes at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum’s Warbirds Over Addison event Saturday and Sunday. See the warbirds in action, take pictures of them on the ground, watch a tank demonstration and soar through the sky in one of the historic airplanes! There will also be a special demonstration from the Vietnam Combat Search and Rescue Flights to honor our Vietnam veterans. Even non-history buffs will have a great time at this exciting event.