Fresh air, cool drinks, talented performers – what could be better? Help yourself to delicious drinks at Happy Hour, then help those living with multiple sclerosis at Walk MS this Saturday morning! Or catch a live show and try seasonal food at a local restaurant. We’ve got all the details in our guide of 9 Things to Do This Weekend, so all you have to worry about is who you’re going to bring with you (and what to wear!).
Quench your thirst with one of these Happy Hour specials.
- Weekend afternoons are made better at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub, which offers Happy Hour from 2-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and all-day Sunday! Here, you can snag $3 wells, $3.15 domestic drafts, $3.65 select calls, $3.75 house wine and $4.75 premium drafts. While there, you’ll also be treated to the sounds of live bands, like Empire Theft on Friday, Mullet Boyz on Saturday and Montage on Sunday!
- It’s always a party at Vernon’s Gastropub, which hosts daily Happy Hour Heaven from 3-7 p.m. Drink options include: $3.50 well drinks, domestic bottles and domestic pints; $5 house wines, craft pints and all premiums; and $7 for the best they carry! For the food side, fill up on $3 chips and dip, Chickels and Pips, queso and salsa and onion rings; $5 martini olives, veggie plate, three sliders and smothered fries; and $7 Panchos, quesadillas, ACB Egg Rolls and potato skins.
- Enjoy a quiet afternoon drink with a date or stay up late with your friends at RA Sushi, which hosts Happy Hour from 3-7 p.m. and 10 p.m.-close Friday and Saturday, and from 3 p.m.-close Sunday. In addition to plenty of food specials – seaweed salad or spicy tuna roll, anyone? – you can also get $2 off all wines by the glass, $3 hot sake, $4 Budweiser’s, $5 Sapporo and $7 Signature Spirits, including the Sake Sangria made with white peach and red blackberry. With so many options to choose from, everyone in your group will find something they love!
- Texas de Brazil is known for their fresh-off-the-bone meat, but they know how to serve up seafood as well! From now until June, guests can enjoy grilled shrimp! Servers will be walking around with skewers of sizzling grilled shrimp marinated with garlic, cayenne pepper, oregano and parsley, during dinner only. These are so good, you won’t want to eat anything else!
- Spring has arrived at Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar, where the seasonal options are colorful and fresh! Try the Green Goddess Salad, made with little gem lettuce, watermelon radish, candied almonds and a crispy squash blossom stuffed with goat cheese, fresh herbs and housemate green goddess dressing. Other options include Goat Cheese + Pepper Jelly, Asparagus Soup, Pork Belly BLT and Pork Belly N’ Beans and a Heirloom Bean Salad. Finish with the sweet Vanilla Bean Custard, made with vanilla bean and cream and topped with local hive honey, candied almonds, bee pollen and fresh berries – a dessert so pretty, you can’t help but Instagram it!
- Friday night is Jazz Night at Jaxx Steakhouse, where Rodney Bowens brings his charming tunes to guests from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Bowens plays it all – smooth jazz, orchestral crooning and a classical symphonic slam. Sip on cold cocktails while you listen to Bowens play, as Happy Hour is available from 5-7 p.m. Enjoyed your night? Keep the party going at home by downloading Bowens’ music from iTunes or Google Play and dancing the night away.
- Laughter comes easy at a Carlos Mencia show, where this Honduras comedian (with 17 siblings!) often makes light about political and social issues. His career started with stand-up at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles, and he has appeared on several TV shows and movies, released comedy specials and has performed in venues around the world. See him yourself when he comes to Addison Improv this Friday-Sunday!
- This is the last weekend to see Outcry Theatre’s production of The Time Machine at Addison Theatre Centre’s Studio Theatre. This story, based on H.G. Well’s science fiction novella, is about a young scientist named Marie who is working to break through the barrier of time to discover if humanity will ever solve the world’s problems. In a shocking turn of events, Marie’s friend, Jocelyn, starts the time machine before its finished and the girls are transported far into the future where a new reality awaits. This captivating tale will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Lace up your sneakers and head to Addison Circle Park this Saturday at 8:30 a.m. for Walk MS. Choose the one-mile or three-mile route, then join the community to walk and raise money to end multiple sclerosis. Money raised supports the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and funds groundbreaking research and supports programs and services for those impacted by MS. Wear orange to raise awareness of MS, and invite your friends to give back and exercise with you on this beautiful day!