If this week is dragging by for you, we understand – Daylight Saving Time hit us hard too! Luckily, there are plenty of weekend drink specials and events to look forward to (note: if you want St. Patrick’s Day specials, check out my other article here). Our list of 10 Things to Do This Weekend is your guide to $3 wells, $20 off dinner, a “Battlestar Gallactica” reunion, sweet puppy kisses and so much more. With so much to do, you’ll completely forget about losing that hour of sleep!
Raise a glass to good times and great prices at Happy Hour!
- Overlooking the beautiful Vitruvian Park is Addison Ice House, home of craft beers, Texas-style pub food and a shaded party patio! Come by this Friday from 4-7 p.m. for Happy Hour, where you can enjoy $1 off wells, wine and draft beer. Feeling hungry? A free taco bar will be open from 6-8 p.m. for every guest who purchases at least one drink!
- Every day is something new at The Hub Sports Bar and Grill. Beginning at 7 p.m. each day, you can get $3 wells on Friday plus a night of groovin’ karaoke, $3 shots on Saturday plus a game of afternoon poker, and $3 wells and domestics on Sunday. Of course, anytime you come in you can also enjoy your favorite game on one of the 50 HDTV’s in the bar and the largest video wall in Dallas.
- Buy beers for everyone this weekend! At the Flying Saucer, you can get all drafts for $4 from 4-7 p.m. Friday and $4 all Texas drafts all day Sunday. So, try new things, treat your friends and get refills on your favorites all night!
- The kids are out of school, and you deserve a break too! That’s why Al Biernat’s North is offering a Spring Break Stay-Cation Destination deal this weekend. All weekend long you can enjoy 20 percent off your lunch bill or $20 off your dinner bill, with a minimum purchase of two entrees and gratuity not included. This is the perfect opportunity to try the delectable filet mignon, ribeye, New York Strip, porterhouse, lobster, veal chop, Atlantic salmon or anything else you’ve had your eye on. And don’t forget dessert! The Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie or Chocolate Fondue Cake is calling your name this weekend.
- It’s your mama’s cooking, but with a twist: Ida Claire is comfort food the whole family will love! Stop by for a starter of Fried Green Tomatoes or Ida’s Biscuits served with bacon gravy, house jam or honey butter. For the main event, choose a sandwich – Chicken in a Biscuit with crispy chicken, peppered gravy, aioli, gem lettuce, marinated tomato and sunny side eggs, or the Catfish Po’ Boy made with cornmeal fried catfish, tomato, cabbage and celery root slaw, pickles and comeback sauce are good options – or a Supper Plate – we recommend the Steelhead Trout with vanilla bean corn puree, bacon, tri-pepper and roasted corn succotash. Finish the meal with their brand new Fried Apple Pie, with a crispy puff pastry on the outside and a sweet cinnamon-apple filling on the inside.
- Live music happens every night of the week at Memphis, a dance/night club in Addison next door to the spicy Cajun restaurant Shuck ‘N’ Jive. Beginning at 10 p.m., check out Inside Out on Friday, TOP on Saturday and JC3 on Sunday.
- Rock the night away at The Lion & Crown Friday night, as the Reckless Angels play from 9 p.m.-midnight. This band is made up of Krystal on lead vocals, Joseph on bass, Joel on guitar and Rickey on drums, who play a fun mix of rock, hard rock, pop and a little bit of country!
- Calling all geeks, fandoms, nerds and comic book aficionados: All-Con will be at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Addison this weekend! Dress as your favorite character and join the cosplay contest, test your knowledge at trivia games, participate in game shows, watch a burlesque performance, compete in the Catan championship, flex your creative muscle in the Arts and Crafts room or at the comic book workshop, visit the Hogwarts Room to get sorted and participate in Harry Potter-themed activities, listen to panel discussions, meet actors from your favorite movies and TV shows like “Battlestar Galactica,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and more. With more than 400 activities taking place all weekend long, you will never run out of things to do!
- Just because you are sick, doesn’t mean you can’t find love. See Five Feet Apart this weekend, the beautiful love story starring Cole Sprouse (“Riverdale”) and Haley Lu Richardson (The Edge of Seventeen) as two teenagers with life-threatening illnesses who meet in a hospital and fall in love – but can’t get within five feet of each other without risking their lives. Showtimes are available at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 and LOOK Cinemas.
- Take home a fluffy friend this weekend at Operation Kindness’s adoption event from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at Snooze, an A.M. Eatery. While enjoying a delicious brunch, meet adorable puppies from Operation Kindness, which is the largest no-kill shelter in North Texas that has saved nearly 100,000 homeless animals since it was founded in 1976. Even if you can’t take home a new pet, you can still support Operation Kindness in their mission to support homeless animals until they can find a happy home by donating money or time. Find out more (and get some sweet puppy lovin’!) this weekend.