Celebrate Valentine’s Day early – or just get out of the house and relax – this weekend. Dinner specials, hilarious comedians, special shopping events and more can be found in our list of 10 Things to Do This Weekend, which has plenty of material to keep you busy!
Connect with a date over drinks or try new beer with friends at these Happy Hour locations.
- Good times are made at The Social House, with 28 TVs showing the latest game, 50 beers on tap to enjoy and a delicious menu. Happy Hour is from 4-7 p.m. Friday and includes $3 off all house specialties, $3 wells, $1 off any beer, ½ off all specialty cocktails, $2 off glasses of wine and ½ off Crown and Down. If you’re looking to try something new, come in on Sunday for the Revolver Brewing Hop Device IPA Launch Party, which includes a special souvenir glass.
- Lion and Crown Pub offers Happy Hour specials all weekend, perfect for those who need to unwind after a busy week. On Friday and Saturday, you can get $3 well specials and $5 premium specials. On Sunday, domestic buckets are available for $12! This English-style pub, complete with a Billiard’s room, will make you feel warm and welcome all weekend!
Avoid the crowds by going out for Valentine’s Day dinner this weekend!
- You can treat your date to the Sweetheart Dinner special at III Forks, beginning this Friday from 5-8:30 p.m. and continuing every night until Feb. 17. The three-course dinner is $170 per couple and includes your choice of III Forks Salad or Lobster Bisque, served with two tender pieces of 6 oz Filet Mignon and two 6 oz Cold Water Lobster Tails with sides of whipped potatoes, cream corn, tomatoes and onions. Throughout the evening, you can also take enjoy various wine and champagne specials. End this romantic evening with dessert, by sharing a rich Chocolate Ganache Cake, complete with chocolate ice cream and house-made chocolate mousse.
- Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill is one of the most romantic restaurants in Town – and one of the hardest to get a reservation for, even when it isn’t Valentine’s Day. Treat your sweetie to a delicious steak dinner or seafood meal this weekend, which is cooked over a hickory wood-burning grill for the perfect taste. Some of the savoriest options include a 16 oz New York Strip steak served with white cheddar, sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, smoked bacon and house chipotle sauce, or the Wood Grilled Shrimp and Fettuccini made with garlic parmesan cream, artichoke, mushroom, spinach and roasted pepper. Sip on sparkling, white or red wine during your candlelit dinner, or opt for a strong cocktail made with colder-than-ice Grey Goose vodka on tap at 28 degrees.
Wine plus live music equals the world’s best date night!
- Known for providing more than 100 different wines by the glass from over 12 countries, Mercy Wine Bar can satisfy even the biggest wine enthusiast. But did you know they are also a great stop for amazing live music? Friday night from 8-11 p.m., listen to the sweet sounds of Corey Breedlove, who will perform music inspired by American pop classics. Come back Saturday from 8-11 p.m. to enjoy the David Gallegos Band, who make soothing music that mixes traditional flamenco rhythms and serene new age melodies to create a beautiful sound with a Latin flare.
Laughter is in the air! Check out one of these funny shows in the Corridor.
- Discover the secrets of men by seeing What Men Want at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 or LOOK Cinemas this weekend! Starring Taraji P. Henson (“Empire”) as Ali Davis, this movie is about a successful sports agent who is frustrated that she is always overlooked by her male colleagues. One day, Davis discovers the ability to hear men’s thoughts, which she uses to outsmart her colleagues, while potential hurting her friends and love interest along the way. This romantic comedy has just enough relatability and silliness for everyone to enjoy!
- Talking about sex is all part of the job for Nikki Glaser, a comedian known for starring in the Comedy Central series “Not Safe with Nikki Glaser,” where she discusses personal and taboo topics related to relationships. This funny woman, regularly seen in best friend Amy Schumer’s project, will be making people laugh at Addison Improv on Friday and Saturday night! Her show will be entertaining and fun – and if your date laughs at the same jokes as you, then you know it is meant to be!
- Guys will enjoy hearing from a husband’s perspective on Sunday night as Aaron Aryanpur headlines Addison Improv. Known for his debut album “In Spite Of,” which reached number one on the iTunes Comedy charts, and for being a semifinalist in Comedy Central’s “Up Next Search” and NBC’s “Stand Up for Diversity,” Aryanpur will share his funny anecdotes about his family that will keep you laughing all night.
Shopping has never been more fun – stop by one of these local events for special treats and one-of-a-kind finds.
- Go shopping and give back at the same time during Brahmin’s American Heart Association event on Saturday at Galleria Dallas. Mingle over light bites and drinks and enter to win one of Brahmin’s famous mini style bags. While shopping, make sure to donate at least $5 to the American Heart Association to receive special savings and discounts! And if you make a purchase of $250 or more, then you will receive a complimentary gift while supplies last. This is the best way to update your spring handbags and help save lives.
- Looking for a unique gift for your Valentine? Visit the Shops at Willow Bend’s Vendor Market from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday to browse unique products from more than 10 different vendors. It’s a great way to show you care (and if you find something for yourself too, even better!).