Happy New Year! It’s the first weekend of 2019 – time to celebrate! Don’t let the cold air stop you from going out and about around town, a welcome relief after being cooped up in the office again this week. From sipping on tequila to playing with goats, our list of 9 Things to Do This Weekend will help make sure you have a great time!
Cheers to the weekend! Let the festive feelings from the holiday season carry through the weekend by taking advantage of local Happy Hour specials.
- Texans are practically required to drink margaritas all year round. Get a good deal on these tasty cocktails by going to La Comida on Friday from 3-6:30 p.m., where you can get all house margaritas for just $5 each. Other specials include $3.50 bottle and draft beers, $5 well cocktails and $2 off appetizers, including the delicious mini brisket tacos.
- Sometimes the best way to spend a Friday night is by sipping on a cold glass of white wine. At Pane Vino Osteria from 3-6 p.m. Friday, you can score a Pinot Grigio for just $6. Other options include a glass of Chianti or sangria for $6, and a Hans’ Pils, Shock Top or Bishop Cider for $5. All signature cocktails – including the Panevino Passion made with Pama Liquor, Combier orange liquor, Tito’s vodka and a splash of cranberry – are $2 off. If you get hungry, fill up on Happy Hour appetizers while you’re there, including the homemade fried mozzarella and the tasting board assortment of meats and cheeses.
Whether you want to stick to your New Years’ resolution of eating healthier, or you want one more calorie-filled weekend, there are many options in Addison to satisfy your craving.
- Healthy food doesn’t have to be bland. At Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill, you can fill up on delicious seafood options, like the Ahi Tuna Salad made with greens, cucumber, tomato, avocado, mango, cashews, carrots and red onions, and served with sesame ginger vinaigrette; or the Chilean Sea Bass, which is pan seared and served with sundried tomato pesto crust and basil butter. Or, order comfort food like steak and potatoes. The 16 oz. New York Strip, made with white cheddar, sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, smoked bacon and house chipotle steak sauce is a good option, especially with a side of Bubbies Potato Cakes made with cheddar, smoked bacon and lemon dill sour cream. It’ll warm your stomach and your soul!
- Who knew pizza could be good for you? At SkinnyPizza, you can order a healthy pizza – made with fresh ingredients, organic tomatoes and hormone-, nitrate- and nitrite-free meats raised without antibiotics – that actually tastes amazing. Some of their signature pies are the SkinnyItalian, made with sausage, beef, pepperoni, part-skim mozzarella, mushrooms, mixed peppers, olives and organic tomato sauce. Vegetarians will love the SkinnyArugula, topped with baby arugula, scallions, tomatoes, garlic, part-skim and fresh mozzarella, Romano cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.
There’s something about hearing real people play their instruments that is just so relaxing. Fit some time in this weekend to hear great music!
- Enjoy a laidback Sunday evening by listening to the blues at Nate’s Seafood Sunday Night Blues Jam from 6:30-11:30 p.m. Led by local musician Jackie Don Loe, this weekly jam session allows new artists and experienced bands to show up and play while people eat dinner – perfect for a romantic night out!
Scary movies and Jennifer Lopez on the big screen again will make this weekend one to remember!
- Starring Rom-Com Queen Jennifer Lopez, Second Act will have you laughing all the way to the end. J-Lo stars as Maya, a woman who goes from working in a big box store to work on Madison Avenue – and just so happens to meet a handsome guy along the way. See it at LOOK Cinemas this weekend!
- Escape rooms are supposed to be fun group activities that test your mind, but Escape Room will test your sanity! This psychological thriller, premiering at LOOK Cinemas and AMC Village on the Parkway 9 on Friday, is about six strangers who have to think critically to find the clues to get out of a dangerous situation before they die. You’ll be gripping your seat and questioning everything.
Get to know the community by attending a local event taking place in the Corridor.
- The only thing that would make exercising better is if you were surrounded by adorable animals! This Sunday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., attend Happy Goat Yoga at 3 Nations Brewing in Farmers Branch, which benefits the Here’s Your Reminder Project that works to combat depression and anxiety. Wear your most colorful, patterned leggings and come do yoga while pygmy goats run around and over you. Afterward, enjoy a free craft beer and take pictures with the adorable baby and mini goats to document your serene start to 2019!
- Winter is the ideal time to ramp up your skincare routine. Learn how by attending Sephora at Galleria Dallas’s Your Dream Skincare Lineup Class on Sunday from 10-11 a.m. Here, beauty experts will answer your skincare questions, help you identify your skin type, recommend personalized products and teach you the order to apply each product. Afterward, you can stock up on your favorite products that you used so you can keep up the routine at home.