Scarves, hats and gloves are practically a requirement this weekend, as cold, windy weather is blowing into the North Dallas Corridor. Don’t let the winter weather ruin your mood – just bundle up and enjoy some of the festive events happening all over Town. Check out our list of 11 Things to Do This Weekend, where you will enjoy everything from eating a sugary sweet breakfast to seeing a new art show!
Cold drinks are always a good idea! These Happy Hour specials will keep you warm and in good spirits all weekend long.
- Spice up your weekend with specials from Thai Spice, available from 5-7 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Meet your friends or go alone and enjoy $4 hot or cold sake, Thai beer, house wine by the glass or well drinks!
- Happy Hour specials are extended this weekend at Mucky Duck, where you can get drink deals from 3-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday – perfect if you got stuck at work or a family holiday party! Order $7 specialty cocktails, $3.50 wells and draughts and $5 appetizers. On Sunday, stop by the bar to watch the Dallas Cowboys play at noon, where you can also take advantage of special drink and food specials while cheering on the Boys!
The only thing better than a turkey dinner is food you don’t have to prepare! Whether you go for dinner or breakfast, these Corridor restaurants can satisfy your cravings.
- The spicy Southern steakhouse, Texas de Brazil, makes ordering for the entire family easy. Everyone can choose their own salads at the build-your-own salad bar, and then feast on their choice of meat, which is brought to your table all night long. From now through the end of December, guests can also enjoy the Spicy Picanha, which combines salty, savory and spicy flavors with the traditional picanha
- Sometimes, the best way to start your day is with a delicious sugar rush. Head over to Snooze A.M. Eatery this weekend and order their seasonal S’more Peppermint…Please! pancakes for a delectable treat. These buttermilk pancakes are topped with hot cocoa sauce, powdered sugar, sprinkles of peppermint
Take a break from “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and other holiday tunes, by listening to live music this weekend.
- To show their appreciation for all their customers, the Lion and Crown is hosting a Christmas Party at 7 p.m. Saturday. In addition to receiving $1.50 off all drinks and a free hors d’oeuvres buffet, Lion and Crown will be giving away more than 100 gifts and showcasing live music from the Reckless Angels Band. This will be the most rock ‘n’ roll holiday party you’ve been to this year!
- Yes, it’s a kid’s movie. But that doesn’t mean that adults won’t love Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, premiering Friday night at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 and LOOK Cinemas. The original Peter Parker, voiced by New Girl’s Jake Johnson, mentors a Brooklyn teenager and shows that more than one person can wear the mask. In addition to the laugh-out-loud lines, the amazing visual style of the film is sure to leave you impressed.
- Escape reality with Mortal Engines, a science fiction film also premiering at both local movie theaters on Friday. This movie is set hundreds of years after civilization was destroyed. It stars Icelandic actress Hera Hilmar as Hester Shaw, the only person who can stop London from devouring everything in its path.
- Stop by the Valley House Gallery Saturday from 6-8 p.m. for the opening reception of its newest exhibit, Madrid/Dallas, which honors the late Spanish artist Miguel Zapata. His work includes sculptural reliefs, collages and drawings that contrast architectural and figurative elements. Since 1959, Zapata has had more than 70 solo exhibitions around the world! This unique collection will be on display until Jan. 26, 2019.
- Audiences everywhere fell in love with D.L. Hughley in the ‘90s when he starred in the TV show, The Hughleys, and now you can hear him perform jokes live at the Addison Improv Friday-Sunday. His other career highlights include releasing three books, touring alongside George Lopez and other comedians in the Comedy Get Down Tour and hosting “The DL Hughley Show,” which is nationally syndicated in more than 60 cities across the country including New York City.
Make this weekend merry and bright by attending these fun holiday events in the Corridor.
- Channel your inner elf at Santa’s Adventure from 2-5 p.m. Saturday at Village on the Parkway. Invite your over-21-year-old friends to help you follow the clues, participate in silly activities, pose for photos and complete interactive checkpoints located through the retail center. Once you cross the finish line, you will be entered to win a special grand prize!
- Finding the perfect gift is possible if you shop at the Holiday Vendor Market at The Shops at Willow Bend on Saturday and Sunday. This pop-up holiday market will be located in the Food Court hallway, and it will feature many different vendors, each selling unique products that you cannot find in regular stores – exactly what you need for that last hard-to-shop-for person on your list!