During this magical and busy time of year – if you don’t plan time for fun, then you will get bogged down by a To-Do list longer than Santa’s! From downing a $3.50-glass of wine to cheering on holiday-themed jugglers, follow our list of 10 Things to Do This Weekend to make you forget about your stress in minutes.
Escape the chilly air by warming up with a few Happy Hour drink specials inside Village on the Parkway!
- Your weekend can begin at 4 p.m. Friday at the Social House, where you can enjoy $3 off house specialties, $3 wells, $1 off any beer, ½ off all specialty cocktails, $2 off any wine by the glass and ½ off Crown and Down until 7 p.m. Eat dinner here as well and take advantage of their ½ off select starters and ½ off all pizzas deal, also from 4-7 p.m. It’s a great way to relax and watch the game or party with friends on the patio – just don’t forget to bundle up first!
- Travel across the pond (in spirit) by heading to Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub on Friday or Saturday from 2-9 p.m. or all-day Sunday for Happy Hour deals. Here, you can get wells and domestic drafts for $2.75, select calls for $3.25, select premium drafts for $3 and house wines for $3.50. The British-themed pub feels surprisingly homey, making it a great place to unwind.
If you are entertaining guests this weekend for an early holiday party, or you just want to go out and enjoy delicious food, we’ve got you covered.
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib can make your family dinner tastes amazing – and you don’t have to do any work! They are offering a Christmas To-Go menu, from now until Dec. 20 (with last pick-up available Dec. 24). Fill your stomach with delicious roasted prime rib, creamy mashed potatoes, creamed corn and spinach, sourdough bread, Yorkshire pudding and more. There are many add-on options to suit every taste bud, from whipped horseradish to triple layer chocolate cake! Christmas dinner has never tasted so good – or been this easy to prepare!
- Nobody should have to eat the same things every day, which is why Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar offers a tasty seasonal menu to help you switch things up. Their Crispy Devilled Eggs, for example, are lightly fried and topped with smoked paprika and bacon candy – yum! Other unique choices include the Spaghetti Squash and Beetballs, PB & J Burger and Cornish Game Hen. Finish it all off with a mouth-watering Apple-Huckleberry Open Faced Pie served with ice cream.
Don’t let the forecasted rain or low temperatures stop you from enjoying live music this weekend.
- Texas country will make Saturday night sizzle as Sonny’s Holliday performs live at Vitruvian Lights. Made up of duo Jolie Holliday and Sonny Burgess, this fun-loving band will have you stomping your feet and twirling your date all night long! While there, be sure to take advantage of the sweet drinks, holiday activities and photos with the beautiful light displays.
Whether you enjoy the beautiful, serious or hilarious, the local art scene in Addison has everything you need for a good time.
- Saturday is the last chance to see the “Malou Flato: Recent Paintings” and “John Cobb: Italian Sketches” exhibitions at Valley House Gallery before they are taken down. Malou Flato’s show features lifelike paintings of stunning trees, sky, flowers and other parts of Texas landscape. On the other hand, John Cobb’s paintings depict detailed landscapes of Italy, painted on site during a recent residency. Both are talented collections of work that can best be appreciated in person.
- Liam Neeson first made a name for himself playing businessman Oskar Schindler in the Academy Award-winning movie Schindler’s List, and now the Steven Spielberg film is returning to theaters in honor of its 25th anniversary. At AMC Village on the Parkway 9, you can travel to a German-occupied Poland during World War II, where Schindler becomes concerned about his Jewish workforce after seeing the Nazis persecute them in this classic movie. History buffs and fans of timeless cinema will love seeing this film on the big screen once again.
- His small-town-boy good looks and charming voice have made for a successful comedy career for Brooks Wheelan, who will be performing at Addison Improv all weekend. His impressive resume includes being a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 2013-14, having the number one comedy album on iTunes in 2015, voicing Fred on Disney’s Big Hero 6TV show, and performing at comedy festivals internationally. Our favorite thing about him? He can make you laugh away the stress of the holiday season!
Have a holly jolly weekend at one of the local shopping centers in the Corridor, which are hosting fun, family-friendly events all weekend.
- Santa hats and smiles are encouraged at The Shops at Willow Bend, which is hosting several events to get you in the Christmas spirit. On Friday from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. (excluding milk and cookie breaks from 12:30-1 p.m. and from 5:30-6 p.m.), bring your favorite cat or dog to take pictures with Santa – after all, fur babies are people too! Or, bring your humans to meet Santa in his ice palace, where you can see his 30-foot ice dome with falling snow, a light show, huge snow globes and more from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from noon-6 p.m. Sunday, excluding breaks. Finally, stop by The District at The Shops at Willow Bend from 4-6 p.m. Saturday for a complimentary hot chocolate and a chance to see a toy soldier stilt walker!
- Clowns, magicians, ice skaters – oh my! Galleria Dallas is also hosting festive holiday events this weekend. At 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Saturday, the kids will love seeing Slappy’s Holiday Circus, which is a classic European circus with puppets, magicians, clowns, contortionists and jugglers. Then at 6 p.m., audiences will be delighted to see Jeremy Abbott perform, a 2014 Olympic Team Bronze Medalist and four-time U.S. National Champion. The impressive shows will almost make you forget about all the holiday shopping you have to do!