Summer events in Addison would not be complete without food. Traditionally, with tickets in hand, you would saunter up to a food stand and order a corn dog or funnel cake. However, gone are the days of waiting in line for a deep fried delight. The new trend in event food: food trucks that provide restaurant quality fare.
Food trucks are the new “it” thing at outdoor events all over the U.S. It’s a mobile kitchen able to provide gourmet dishes to customers, not just food on a stick. But, when did this trend start, well, trending?
We spoke with Jessica Zazzara, Event Coordinator for UDR at Vitruvian Park, who coordinates events such as Vitruvian Nights Live and the Vitruvian Salsa Festival, about how the food truck trend has come to the North Dallas Corridor.
“Upon relocating to Dallas from New York in 2010,” Zazzara said, “I noticed that the food truck trend began to gain momentum. These gourmet kitchens on wheels deliver an inexpensive, hip, trendy and social experience. The growing craze is attributed to high-quality taste, that is convenient, curbside and fueled by social media.”
In total, there are 21 gourmet entrée and dessert trucks coming out to Vitruvian Park for events this summer.
- Bombay Chopstix – Indian Chinese
- Cajun Tailgators – Cajun
- Flatlanders – Tacos
- Food Stations – American (not for profit)
- Jack’s Chowhound – American
- La Casea Azul – Mexican
- Little Greek – Greek
- Mad Grill – Asian Fusion
- Rockn’ Ricks – Cajun American
- Taste of Cuba – Cuban
- The Great Austrailian Meat Pie Company – Meat Pies
- The Guava Tree – Cuban American
- Tutta’s – Pizza • Yummy Pizza – Pizza
- Bobaddiction – Boba Teas
- Cravetopia – Cookies and Bundt Cakes
- Cup Cakin – Cupcakes
- Maui Wowo – Hawaiian Coffees and Smoothies
- Mr. Snowie – Snow Cones
- My Cupcake Garden – Cupcakes
- Parrot Icce – Shaved Ice