The 2014 Out of the Loop Fringe Festival is right around the corner. Beginning March 6 and continuing through March 16, audiences will have the chance to experience performance art at it’s best! What will audiences be talking about after seeing this year’s performances?
We asked the Director of Development and Marketing for WaterTower Theatre, Greg Patterson to give us five must-see performances from the festival.
1. Express from 59th – “David Parr is a New York playwright, and he has been at our Festival on several occasions,” says Patterson. His plays are always engaging and funny.”
2. Searching for Gertrude Lawrence – “Diana Sheehan is a favorite with our audiences,” Patterson says. “She’s bringing a new cabaret show to the Festival about the life of the legendary Gertrude Lawrence.”
3. New Order: A Dance-o-rama Movement Scene and An Evening with DNCB – Dance makes up a big part of the Out of the Loop Fringe Festival and Muscle Memory Dance is always a huge favorite. Dallas Neo-Classical Ballet makes their Festival debut.
4. One Raelette’s Journey – “One of the most exciting acts will be Cynthia Scott in One Raelette’s Journey,” Patterson says. Cynthia was a former backup singer for the great Ray Charles. This show reminisces about those times and more in Cynthia’s great career.
5. Honky – Written by Greg Kalleres, Honky is a dark comedy about a commercial that glorifies black gang violence in an effort to sell basketball shoes to white teens. What happens? We’ll see you at the festival to find out!
“The variety of our Festival is partly what makes it unique,” said Terry Martin, Producing Artistic Director and Executive Produce of the Out of the Loop Fringe Festival and WaterTower Theatre. “All artistic fields including theatre, dance, music and visual art, and especially work that is interdisciplinary are showcased. I always hear from our audiences that they enjoy the variety, the exploration of new themes and the uninhibited nature that allows artists and audiences alike to go a little ‘loopy’!”
The 2014 Out of the Loop Fringe Festival will take place at the Addison Theatre and Conference Centre, March 6-16. For tickets or more information contact the box office at 972-450-6232.
To see the complete lineup for the 2014 Out of the Loop Fringe Festival, check out our Events Calendar.